TonkyTots provides an individualised service facilitating every child to access learning, overcome barriers and achieve their full potential. By providing holistic support and a developmentally-appropriate environment, TonkyTots aims to develop each child’s self-esteem and wellbeing, assisting them in becoming a unique and happy individual and an autonomous lifelong learner.
Whilst the home offers a perfect environment to support this individualised learning, TonkyTots utilises the vast array of opportunities available within the community, thus providing a wider and richer learning experience for any child. Activities include investigation of our natural environment and diverse culture, sensory stimulation in local art galleries, and educational parent classes such as baby signing and music groups.
VALUES AND PRINCIPLES
TonkyTots endeavours to provide each child with the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- To base planning on each child’s individual needs, abilities and interests enabling them to enjoy and achieve.
- To provide appropriate resources and activities so that every child is given the opportunity to build solid foundations for lifelong learning in all areas of development.
- To keep every child healthy and safe and enable them to develop basic skills to help them independently maintain this.
- To create an environment where individuality and diversity are valued and celebrated, enabling children to establish positive self-esteem and empathy for others.
- To work in partnership with parents, developing
reciprocal support and guidance.
- To establish a high quality and effective childcare provision, welcoming suggestions from children and their parents/carers in order to improve the service offered, and continue my own professional development.